Type “fortune cookies” into google and you will get over 2.5 MILLION results! That just boggles my mind. Do we really need 2.5 million pages on the internet that talk about fortune cookies???
And with those kind of results, how do you figure out where to purchase your fortune cookie gifts?? How do you know what you are sending is going to be fresh and actually taste great?? And if you are ordering a giant fortune cookie, how can you be sure it will arrive in one piece??
Would you buy a pie that was stale and bland? Or doughnuts that have sat uncovered in a warehouse for weeks on end?
Here are some tips to help you make the most informed decision possible.
- Does this company bake their own cookies? If you don’t want your gift to tasted like the stale, bland, cardboard like fortune cookies you get in Chinese restaurants, THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION YOU COULD ASK! If it isn’t fresh, it isn’t gourmet.
- Does this company use real chocolate, or confectioners coating? Real chocolate is easy to fake – in a photo. But when you taste it, you will know if it is confectioners coating, which is code for NOT REAL CHOCOLATE and terrible tasting.
- Is this company a Better Business Bureau member, and if not, WHY NOT? Any one can do business online, and make up anything they want to. They can lie. They can present mis-information. And they can take advantage of the uneducated buyer.
If you are looking to purchase fortune cookies, personalized, giant, or just fortune cookie gifts, get educated before you buy.
- If they aren’t baking their own cookies, then your “tasty gift” is sitting in a warehouse, unwrapped, getting stale.
- If they aren’t baking their own cookies, they have no control of the ingredients or facility that is baking your cookies.
- If they aren’t using REAL chocolate, with real coco-butter, why are you paying for real chocolate, and why are they claiming they have a great tasting product?
- If they aren’t BBB members, then they could be lying to you.
Here is an interesting checklist on fortune cookie companies. If you want to know more about where your fortune cookies are coming from check it out.